Where is Lord Howe Island?
Lord Howe Island lies approximately 600 km northeast of Sydney and southeast of Brisbane, at the same latitude as Port Macquarie, and it is part of the state of New South Wales. How to get to Lord Howe Island? Flights are just under two hours, departing from Sydney on most days, and from Brisbane on weekends.
- Unincorporated area of the state of New South Wales, Australia
- Self-governed by Lord Howe Island Board
- Part of the electoral district of Port Macquarie
- Part of the Division of Sydney
- Population: 350 permanent residents
- Tourists are restricted to 400 at any one time
- World Heritage Listed 1982
- Declared a State Marine Park 1998
Follow us on
Stay UP TO DATE
Subscribe now and receive the latest Lord Howe Island news and stay up to date.