Earl’s Anchorage has four one-bedroom bungalows and two two-bedroom bungalows, each custom designed and built by Tasmanian master shipwright, Ned Trewartha.
Each bungalow at Earl’s Anchorage is named after one of ancestor Jack Earl’s famous boats – Smoky Cape, Maris, Tarpon, Kathleen, Myee & Eula – and just like each of Jack’s yachts, each bungalow is distinct with its own unique style.
Each of the six bungalows has been designed in an open plan style to ensure a relaxed stay. Each bungalow is accessed via a boardwalk which links each bungalow as it meanders throughout the five-acre property.
Earl’s Anchorage is the only accommodation on Lord Howe Island that features an accessible bungalow, adapted for guests with physical disabilities. Its called Smoky Cape.
Anchorage Restaurant is located off site to ensure maximum privacy while still offering guests the option of experiencing Head Chef David Chlumsky’s world-class cuisine. Anchorage Restaurant is conveniently located on the lagoon waterfront with views of Lord Howe Island’s iconic Mt Lidgbird and Mt Gower.
Read more on Earl’s Anchorage and the Jack Earl story.
For holiday packages at Earl’s Anchorage please visit:
- Return airport transfers
- Nightly transfers to a restaurant of your choice
- Off-site restaurant
- Full kitchen facilities, including gas appliances
- Gas BBQ
- Tea, coffee, milk
- Austar TV, DVD, stereo
- Internet access
- Dedicated phone in each bungalow
- Spa bath in selected bungalows, available upon request pending availability
- Luxury bed and bath linen, bath robes included
- Bathroom cosmetics, including shampoo and conditioner
- Daily servicing
- Laundry facilities in each bungalow (not shared)
- Indoor/outdoor private dining facilities
- Transit lounge
- Backpacks, beach bags
- Beach towels
Follow us on
Stay UP TO DATE
Subscribe now and receive the latest Lord Howe Island news and stay up to date.